6.29.2012

A NEW Beginning...



Quite a few changes have taken place in my life in the past couple of months. I graduated from college with honors, in May. My husband, of over 17 years of marriage, asked for a divorce in January and it made my last semester of college one  of the most difficult to accomplish when it should've been one of the best semesters. Also, I moved out of our home June 1, with our three children.

Now, I am truly on my own. This is a new beginning, a new journey, and one that has best quite difficult, but also very rewarding. I celebrate the small victories and appreciate the struggles, as I learn to do things for myself, allow others to help me and not be too proud to ask for help when I need help. I have always been a pretty independent person, but I am learning everyday, that it is okay to ask for help. I am learning. I am listening. I am patient. I am persistent. I am wide awake.

I have been looking for a full-time job and I was offered a full-time job today and took it! It was my first interview and then they asked me for a second interview. I was LUCKY! There was over 100 applicants for this position, and I being the chosen one, I do consider myself pretty LUCKY! I am thankful to be given the opportunity. I am very THANKFUL. I look to the heavens each and everyday.

I hope to get back into writing regularly on my blog and in time, I do hope to start creating once again even if only for myself. I do miss creating, but times have been tough. Change is tough. Going through a divorce is tough. I am only just beginning the process of our divorce and it is hard.

For the longest time, I let fear control me. No longer will I allow fear to control me. I know that if I set my mind to certain things, I can do whatever it is! I had forgotten just how strong I was/I am. I just needed to believe in myself. I know I will be okay. I just have to trust that I am right where I am supposed to be. I just always have to remember that ~Life is a Journey - Not a Destination~

11 comments:

Dianie said...

Hello Tonya,

A big congratulations on your graduation and your new job!!!

I am so sorry for the hardships you have faced in the past months.
I know from reading your posts in the past that you are a remarkable woman, and there is no doubt you will move forward in your new chapter of life with many blessings.

Take care sweet Tonya :)

~Diane

The Feathered Nest said...

Sweet Tonya...I feel as though I've known you for years now...and am sorry about your marriage but do know that everything truly does happen for a reason ~ you are an amazing woman and just want you to know I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers...for you to SOAR!!!! Sending you hugs and love, Dawn

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

I'm sorry. My sister just left with her daughter after being with her husband for 15 years. It was a good decision on her part as he was emotonally abusive. I hope for you to get settled in your new life quickly. :-)

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

Tonya,

You go girl ! Congrats on your graduation and the new job... Thank the Lord for both !

Wishing you all the best !

Blessings and big hugs,
Linda

Nancy said...

Hi Tonya, I wondered where you had gone as I used to buy lots of your patterns!

I'm so sorry to hear of your tumultuous times but rest assured that there is a whole new world out there for you to grab onto and embrace. Congratulations on your college graduation and your new job. I'm 73 years old and now looking back on my life I can so plainly see that life unfolds the way it's supposed to and sometimes the worst things that happen to us turn out to be the door to wonderful new things! It WILL happen to you, too! Just go and embrace your new job and your new life with an open heart and mind! GOOD LUCK!

Tallowberry Primitives and FolkArt said...

Congratulations, Tonya! You have certainly earned it. You have a wonderful outlook for someone that's been through such tough times. I hope, with this new job, that your life will become all you want it to be. Best of luck to you and your children.

~Diane

bayrayschild said...

Many blessings to you and your children towards the road ahead.

You can do it!
Audrey

My Little Raggedy Blessings said...

Congratulations on your Graduation and the job Tonya, way to go!! Your right never be to stubborn to ask for help when needed .Stay strong and positive,you can do it hon. And I know we will see those awesome creations of yours again someday when the time is right :)

Sending you a great big hug sweetie.
Renae

PEA said...

Tonya, change is the hardest thing to handle sometimes. Especially when you didn't ask for it. You are a very strong person and I have no doubt that you will always land on your feet. Just like today. Congrats to this new adventure in life. remember to look for the rainbow in the middle of those clouds.
Hugs,Pea

Sheryl Parsons said...

Congratulations on your new job and graduating! I've been through divorce myself, it's not easy, but you can do this. So glad you are able to have your children, that doesn't always happen. Sorry to hear that you had to move, but that can be a blessing too. I pray the Lord will watch over you and your children and bless you with all you are in need of. :-)

Kelly~MysticalEntities said...

Tonya,
That is awesome you graduating college not an easy thing to do at our age and landing that job is icing!!

I`m so sorry to hear of your struggles, life can throw curve balls at us, but you seem to have the best attitude and that will surely carry you through!I too miss creating and hope to get back to it soon. I lost my father on jan. 31st and it`s been tough for me to accept. I had just listed things the day befor the accident with the intent to get back on the ball, but well things fell by the wayside, but I think I`m ready to create again! I look forward to seeing your creations. You have always inspired me!

Kelly